Digital Business, Digital Services and Digital Economy
Aalto's research in Information Systems Science research focuses on:
- ICT in service design and management
- Business models for E-, M- and multi-channel business
- ERP and IS development and implementation
- Consumer use of ICT
- Open Data and Open Source business models
Our research deals with adoption, use and impacts of ICT on consumers, companies, and society at large. We use multi-disciplinary approaches and apply theories from a number of reference disciplines, including management, organization sciences, marketing, and economics.
The topic is mainly studied at the Department of Information and Service Economy (Aalto BIZ), at their Information Systems Science subfield.
See also: Real-Time Economy Competence Center
Materials of Digi Breakfast on Digital Consumer Services 12 Nov 2014:
Hall G111-G112, Chydenia, Runeberginkatu 22-24, Helsinki
8:10 Opening, Professors Virpi Tuunainen and Matti Rossi (Aalto BIZ)
8:15 Service research and business co-operation at Aalto Service Factory, Minna-Kaarina Forssén (slides)
8:25 Implementing digital transformation, Elina Piispanen (slides)
8:40 Internet-of-People, Jyrki Koskinen (IBM) (slides)
8:55 Wearable technologies and Service innovation Jarkko Korhonen (Yle) (slides)
9:10 Open data and services, Matti Rossi (Aalto BIZ) (slides)
9:30 Next steps at Aalto. End of event
About the speakers:
- Virpi Tuunainen is a professor of information systems science and director of Aalto University Service Factory. Her current research focuses on ICT enabled or enhanced services, customer and community digital innovation, and creative use of ICT.
- Matti Rossi is a professor of information systems and his research interests include product design, information economy, design research and open data.
- Minna-Kaarina Forssén is Business Collaboration Manager at Aalto Service
Factory. She has relevant long-standing work experience in change
management in both business and academic context.
- Elina Piispanen is Senior Business Executive whose core competences include e.g. Business leadership combined with wide experience on IT as enabler for example on how digitalization changes business.
- Jyrki Koskinen is External Relations Manager at IBM and in charge of IBM's university collaboration in Finland.
- Jarkko Korhonen is Head of Architecture and Development at Yleisradio, the Finnish Broadcasting Company.