Make it Digital! Plenty of untapped opportunities
Digitalization is a transformative force that affects today's and tomorrow's industries, economics and society, at all walks of life. This event prepares you for the digital future of tomorrow.
Time: 18 August 2016 at 11:45-18:00
Venue: Aalto University, Otakaari 1M, Espoo
Please register here no later than 8 August 2016. The event is free of charge.
Follow us at Twitter @AaltoUniversity and discuss #aaltodigi
11:45 Registration and coffee
12:30 Opening President Tuula Teeri (Hall M)
12:40 Keynotes (Hall M)
- Make it Digital Dr. Martin Curley, Professor and Former Director of Intel Labs Europe
- Crowdsourcing and Crowdfunding Can Make Miracles Timo Vuorensola, Film Director
13:50 Parallel sessions between which you can freely navigate:
Data analytics and artificial intelligence brings opportunities in all businesses (Hall M)
Chair: Professor Kimmo Kaski, Aalto
- 13:50 Deep learning Leo Kärkkäinen, Distinguished Research Leader, Nokia
- 14:20 Services that understand, reason and learn – Welcome to the cognitive era! Juha Teljo, Analytics tools executive Europe, IBM
- 14:50 Cloud computing and data as a resource Aki Siponen, National Technology Officer, Microsoft
- 15:20 Social networks Professor Jari Saramäki, Aalto University
Disruptions in our daily life, employment and media (Hall U1)
Chair: Professor Esko Penttinen, Aalto
- 13:50 Digitalization playing part in energy business Kristiina Söderholm, Digitalization Must-Win-Battle lead, Fortum
- 14:20 Machine learning and artificial intelligence paving the way for second generation robotic process automation Jaakko Lehtinen, Head of RPA&AI, Head of FAO ICT, Opus Capita
- 14:50 Digital marketing and analytics Ashish Kumar, Assistant Professor, Aalto
- 15:20 Virtual reality Synes Elischka, Film Director and Media Artist
Intelligent machines and Industrial Internet bring competitiveness in global markets (Hall U4)
Chair: Professor Martti Mäntylä, Aalto
- 13:50 Flexible manufacturing systems and robotics-based automation Tomas Hedenborg, Group CEO, Fastems
- 14:20 Smart Farming - diversity of opportunities for open digital ecosystems Liisa Pesonen, Senior Research Scientist at Natural Resources Institute Finland (Luke)
- 14:50 Service robotics Ville Kyrki, Professor, Aalto
- 15:20 Next generation space technology: Aalto-1 satellite mission Jaan Praks, Professor, Aalto
15:50-18:00 Networking buffet, exhibition and pitches (3 min/exhibitor)
- Meet Digi startups, researchers and colleagues!
16:00-17:00 EU JRC introduction and Aalto collaboration discussion (Hall U1) Maive Rute, Deputy Director-General, European Commission
- Come and hear what European Commission's Joint Research Centre (JRC) is, how they are bringing research closer to policy-making, and how Aalto can collaborate with JRC in the field of digitalization.
About the Keynote Speakers:
Dr. Martin Curley is Professor of Innovation at the National University of Ireland in Maynooth and leader of the Innovation Value Institute. Until recently he was director of Intel Labs Europe and previously global director of IT innovation at Intel. He is the author or co-author of three books on technology management for value, innovation and entrepreneurship. He was recognized as the European CTO of the year 2015.
Film director and actor Timo Vuorensola is interested in finding new ways to approach the film industry, and especially about engaging online communities in film production. The movies Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning (2005), the award winning Iron Sky (2012) and the newest one Iron Sky, The Coming Race (2017) are all great examples of success. All of these films have used crowdsourcing as a method on expanding the resources and marketing the film, and the latest installment has raised over 1 million euros in crowd funding from the worldwide community.
Professor, Aalto University
For more details:
Manager Ella Bingham
Aalto Digi Platform
digi [at] aalto [dot] fi